Friday, September 2, 2011

It is So

these are the days of truth
and reconciliation
and if it is the way of jackals
and the politely lying
to sleep through them,
then it is to the truly in love
that life looks to live it
and our eyes are wide

awake
stirring
seeking approval from none
and needing it even less
we choke the day of all it will surrender
and when the night cautiously approaches
to fill our empty glasses
these thirsty throats cry out
that the world will never be enough

to satiate
to satisfy
us for our lust for one another
is the blasphemy of the obvious
and it will not be done
I cannot hold you or kiss you
or even see you
and pretend contentment has taken me
for each moment in your absence is desolation
and I am poorer for it
and if this same poverty finds you lonely
too,
call out to me
and I will cure you if only for a moment.
this selfish,
selfish
moment that I need so desperately
and more than you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...