Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Beauty and the beast

Who is this person that makes me cry?
Want to run?
Want to die?
Everday a feeling that comes over me so cold
A feeling that is new, yet vaguely old
A familiar face staring back at me now
Go away
Get out of here now
This person that I despise will not leave
I look in the mirror and that person is me
I have become the person I hate
How can I run from myself
Its almost too late
Im leaning over the ledge
Will no one pull me back?
How much longer will these feelings last
I want to cry
I want to die
For the love that I had is no more
When he turned me away, he opened a new door
Not a door, but a mirror to a different side
A side that I am afraid of but cannot hide
Run
Stay
How long will it last
Till I am me again
Me at last
Will it take his return to make me see
Or will I forever be this monster, this hideous me
I turn out the lights
Each and every night
Praying that one day
The person I may see
Is the person Ive been longing for
The person I am when your with me.

Amanda J. Crutchfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...